söndag 28 november 2010

Om namo narayanaya!

Om nao narayanaya, the universal prayer for peace, both inside yourself and in the world.

Kind of impossible not to be moved by the messages of the Ashram!

After eight days of constant chanting and meditating and yoga, I am back in Varkala. I really enjoyed my stay in the ashram, however I am very happy to be "free" again! It is kind of hard for a bitten atheist like me to be in such a religious environment for such a long time. I was supposed to stay 2 weeks, but after one week I had enough and I left before I would actually start to not enjoy the place.

I met loads of nice people there, one of them is the english girl Amelia. We left the Ashram together, and decided to share accomodation during the rest of our stay in Varkala. Not that it is expensive, we pay 150 rupees/3 euros each per night! She is really such a darling, and we spend a lot of time together. Still I need some quality time by myself of course, but we always do things separate during the days so that is not a problem!  However, constantly spending time with an english girl doesn't make it easier for me to get back to swedish again. Everything I do, everything I say and think and dream, is in english! When I write in Swedish (like mail or diary) I have to translate from english to swedish. Kind of weird... Well, I guess it's not a big problem :)

So far we have been spending time on the beach and in the various cafes in Varkala, and we have seen dolphins swimming in the early morning! We are also enjoying having hot showers (for the first time in months I can actually have a hot shower (hot water bucket) every morning if I'd like to!).

Well well now it's dinner time.

Tomorrow I will try to be a little cultural and actually go visit the 2000 year old temple here in varkala!

Om namo narayanaya

1 kommentar:

  1. :) Ingen oro för svenskan, den får du snart öva massor! Framför allt när du berättar alla dina historier. Skrivit ner din önskelista nu älskling o börjar snart o packa - overkligt!
    Ses på lördag ;)

    pussas!!!

    SvaraRadera