söndag 31 oktober 2010

Tata Kolkata!

Tata Kolkata - bye bye Calcutta!

Today is my last day in Kolkata... Such a strange feeling! How could time pass so quickly?

But now, finally, I am on holiday. I am just doing a quick stopping by the clinic to give some thank-you-and-goodbye-gifts and to return my SIM-card (yep, from now on I will only use the Swedish number again!).

My last working day was in Dhaki, which meant 3 hours (one way) of sitting in the car and 1 hour of work... Well well it was a good last day and I got to have my favorite breakfast (poroda/paratha with chickpea soup and omelett with a cup of chai tea). Yesterday I went to see the historical sights of Kolkata that I yet didn't see and in the evening we had a big dinner with all the volunteers. Soooo much food! And since almost everyone around me spoke Italian with each other, I ended up eating constantly... erhm well well.

We had a very severe case in the Indoor clinic the other day. A pretty girl with paralyzed legs since she was 5 years old had got severe diarrhea and fever. She was in a very bad shape, and on her buttocks she had a bid wound from sitting constantly in a rough and hard wheel chair. Most probably this huge wound was infected and now she had sepsis! Finally they transferred her to a big hospital - the Indoor Clinic really doesn't have the ability to take care of severe cases like this.

It's incredible all the things I have seen here, so much scary things and severe infections in patients, I haven't told you more than one percentage of what I have seen. Now it's time to go and take care of my self instead of others, and meanwhile I am going to try to digest all this. I really look forward to get some space and quality time with myself now, and to be able to relax a bit. (Even though the work is not stressful the environment in Kolkata is very stressful and it is impossible to relax).

I wont be able to write as often now since I will go to a remote beach and later on to the Ashram for 2 weeks. But I'll try to keep you updated somehow :)

Tata!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar